Smith & Hammaker started its data backup service more than three years ago, with a goal to provide safe, secure, and easy data backups remotely.
Did you know that every hard drive in existence will fail at some point? The hard drive you are using today will stop working at some point in the future. Is your data backed up? An external hard drive is a good starting point but what happens if that drive is lost or broken? What happens when that hard drive fails?
Custom Software Solution
We have a solution that will give you peace of mind. Our custom software takes minutes to install, setup, and being your first backup. You choose the data you want backed up, the schedule, and the software handles the rest. It runs in the background without impacting system performance. All data is compressed, encrypted, and sent to our privately owned datacenter where we immediately replicate a copy of your vital data to a sister datacenter across the country.
Smith & Hammaker is the only records management center in the State of Tennessee that owns a FireLock Vault. While the main datacenter houses the machines that run our services, your data is located on our storage farm, connected via fiber optics, inside the FireLock Vault across our 140,000 square foot facility.
You can setup data retention policies, recover your data via our private and secure website, and should you encounter any technical issues, we are just a phone call away.
Other Backup Methods
We can also provide you with storage space that you can access via FTP, SFTP, SCP, RSync, and Samba. This solution is for the more advanced user but can be very flexible and easy to use with the right tools. We are more than happy to help you choose the right path and assist you in setting up your system.
Stop worrying about backing up your data; stop throwing away money for expensive tape solutions. Let us help!
Smith & Hammaker has disaster recovery solutions that allows us to offer full server mirroring and replication in real-time.
- Continuous data replication and mirroring over LAN or WAN connections.
- Only replicates files that have changed and the changes are sent at the “block” level.
- Data is compressed before it’s sent to your disaster recovery site.
- Create clusters of disaster recovery sites across the globe, eliminating a single point of failure.
- Works with Windows Hyper-V and VMware ESX, allowing you to consolidate data and workloads.
- Replicate and mirror from one virtual host to another in real-time.
- Works with Linux or Windows and will mirror, and replicate any application running on those OS’.